All monies paid toward guaranteeing your wedding date and services at the 1812 Hitching Post are non-refundable. In the event your wedding is unable to be held as scheduled due to acts of God or military, we will work with you to reschedule your wedding on the next available date and time that works for both you and the 1812 Hitching Post not to exceed one year. Contracts are non-transferable and non-assignable. You are purchasing the date, time, and services included as stated within your contract. Your date will be considered canceled and forfeited if you do not make any scheduled payment. Wedding dates that are forfeited can be reinstated with payment in full of contract balance due if balance is paid within 30 days of missed payment.
All monies paid toward guaranteeing your wedding date and services at the 1812 Hitching Post are non-refundable. Should the need to postpone your date arise, we will credit payments as follows toward a postponement:
- If your current wedding date is less than 60 days away, there is no credit of payments toward a postponed date unless due to military requirement.
- If your current wedding date is 60 – 120 days away, we can credit 25% of your payments made toward a new date (new date chosen must be within 6 months of original date and new contract will be at current prices).
- If your current wedding date is 4 to 6 months away, we can credit 40% of your payments made toward a new date (new date chosen must be within 1 year of original date and new contract will be at current prices).
- If your current wedding date is more than 6 months away, we can credit 50% of your payments toward a new date (new date chosen must be within 1 year of original date and new contract will be at current prices)
Payments are offered as a convenience to you. We do not invoice you for payments unless requested. We may not be able to guarantee all event services if payments are not received when due. Your event will be considered self-canceled if payments are more than 5 days late without contacting us first to make acceptable arrangements.
All alcohol must be served by our bartender. Bartender service, if included with your agreement, is for your reception. No alcohol will be served to any guest prior to or during the ceremony.
Wedding party may have alcohol served in their dressing rooms by our bartender if prearranged with the 1812 Hitching Post.
Guests may not bring their own alcohol to weddings. Any guest or member of the wedding party seen with alcohol that was not served by our bartender will be asked to put their alcohol behind the bar until they are ready to leave. We ask this compliance due to insurance regulations.
Please refer to instructions in your checklist if you wish to bring a keg.
A champagne toast may be included with any wedding package without incurring bartender fee (couple provides champagne).
Small items: Please do not bring anything small that can’t easily be picked up like rice, seeds, or confetti. Silk or live petals, leaves, and bubbles are fine.
Candles: We love candles at the Hitching Post as long as they are enclosed. Votives, tea-lights, floating candles, and candles in vases are fine. Tapers or any candles that might drip wax are not allowed. Flying candles (sky lanterns) are not allowed. If you have a special instance (we once had a fire dance with batons), please let us know what you’d like so we can assess the safety. Sparklers are allowed; we encourage you to purchase 36″ sparklers for the greatest impact.
At the 1812 Hitching Post,we most often provide the catering and we include all needed plates, silverware, cups, and napkins. We also set up, clean up and restock the food when we provide the catering.
You are welcome to bring your own catering, if you wish. If you provide all your catering, please also provide someone to set-up, restock, and clean-up your food. Outside caterers are also responsible for plates, forks, napkins, etc. Our staff will bus your tables if dishes are single serve. There is no onsite heating/refrigeration available for food you or your caterers provide.
If we are providing your catering, you may also bring additional food, if desired, as long as it is food that is stable at room temperature such as cookies or sweets.
Wedding cakes by vendors other than the 1812 Hitching Post may be provided the day of the wedding.
Wedding party snacks are allowed in the dressing rooms before the ceremony.
At the 1812 Hitching Post we appreciate the importance that dogs have played in our lives and therefore allow dogs to enjoy our property. Responsible dog ownership requires a respect for other visitors, future weddings, and our staff who might be afraid of or allergic to various animals.
We therefore ask that you follow our simple rules:
- No dogs are allowed on the property unless they are part of the ceremony.
- If your dog is to be part of the ceremony, please allow your dog to be on the ceremony lawn for the ceremony time, only.
- No dogs (except HC assisted) are allowed in any home, building, or under the tent at any time.
- After the ceremony and formal photos with the dog (these photos to be scheduled first), please have the dog sitter return your dog to the hotel where he or she is staying.
- All dogs must be on a leash at all times while on the property. Dogs cannot be left unattended or tied to a tree or post.
- All dog owners are required to clean up and properly dispose of waste of his/her dog. We do not provide bags for disposal so owners are required to bring their own.
1812 Hitching Post RESERVES THE RIGHT TO HAVE ANY DOG REMOVED WITHOUT CAUSE AT ANY TIME.