For complete pricing, please fill in our “plan and price” form.
View photos of weddings at different times of the year
Our all-inclusive wedding package is available any day from April 1st through mid-November. This package is designed for weddings with 20 to 200 people. If you have fewer than 20 guests attending, please consider one of our elopement packages.
Thank you for considering the 1812 Hitching Post for your wedding. You will be so thrilled with all we can do for you to make your wedding day be the most it can be! One of the best things you get with ALL packages is our almost 20 years of experience. We set up EVERYTHING for you so you and your family do not have to work on your wedding day.
Our package is a place to start; we can change the package and adjust the price. You may add people and time as well as photography, catering, etc. You may subtract time from all packages, too.
Most people book their weddings with the minimum number of guests you expect and add-on additional guests, if any, a month before the wedding when they have received responses to their invitations and know how many of those invited are coming.
The deposit for this package is just $500 (if wedding date is 5 months or more from the time you book). We then divide the balance of your contracted amount into monthly payments that are due the same date of each month as your wedding date. The final payment, along with payment for additional guests, if any, is due a month before your wedding.
We send you a checklist for planning; you only have to contact one person about anything needed for your wedding at our venue from your decorations, food and cake choices, music, and more. You can’t have a more relaxing and enjoyable wedding experience!
Pricing subject to change until a contract is signed.
We offer a 10% military discount on the base rate of the package and on any catering included. We also offer a 10% educator and social worker discount. One of these discounts may be applied per event.
There is also a 5% discount for payment in full at the time of booking. The 5% is off the total amount you choose as the base rate for any of these wedding packages with catering included if you book more than 4 months before your wedding date.
How to get started: Email Wendy the date you want and the time you’d like to walk down the aisle. If you’re ready to choose any extras such as catering or photography, just let us know. Wendy will send a contract with everything you want now and you can add on more later. It’s the easiest way to plan a wedding!
With our all-inclusive package, all of the following are included:
- Two separate dressing areas for wedding party dressing; each with bathroom
- Services of minister with vows customized (also ok to bring your own minister)
- Decorated ceremony location – we will decorate our ceremony location with your choice of our available reusable decorations for arbor and aisle (or may provide your own decorations, including live flowers, if you wish)
- Buckets, baskets, signs, etc. as requested from our available stock to decorate for ceremony and reception
- Ceremony Seating for your guests with white fan-back chairs (we set up and break down)
- Any needed ceremony tables (guest book table, unity/sand/etc. easel/stand, etc. We set up and break down)
- Customized sound service for ceremony; DJ will provide music via speakers and will provide microphone for couple and minister.
- Full access to all public rooms of the main house and to all outdoor areas (26 acres) for you and your guests
- Wisteria room and adjoining patio reception area
- Round dining tables and farmhouse tables (weather permitting) with your choice of tablecloths and/or overlay/runners
- Sweetheart table for the two of you, if desired
- Reception seating for you and your guests with white fan-back chairs
- Centerpieces created from reusable items we own, if desired (may be in conjunction with your provided items and/or live flowers).
- Table bus service for catering
- Single serve plates, metal flatware, and paper napkins for buffet service (may upgrade to china/linen)
- Non-alcoholic attended beverages (tea, lemonade, water, and coffee). Ice and cups provided (may add on bartender service)
- Professional DJ/sound system for reception music and announcements
- Venue coordination
- We will help you set out your bride provided items when you arrive
(party favors, programs, guest book, etc.) and will help you gather your belongings at the end of the event. Outside vendors are responsible for set up of any vendor provided items (typically live flowers or rented decor).
Saturday base rate includes 8 1/2 hours of venue time (1 hour rehearsal typically on Friday evening; 3 hours to get ready (or may use some time toward rehearsal dinner); 4 1/2 hours for ceremony/reception). Additional time available.
Purchase of an 1812 Hitching Post Catering package (see below) is required for in-season Saturday events
Friday or Sunday base rate includes 5 hours of venue time (2 hours for rehearsal/getting ready; 3 hours for ceremony/reception). Time may be added or subtracted on a Friday or Sunday.
Purchase of 1812 Hitching Post catering is available but NOT required for Friday or Sunday events
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday: base rate includes 4 hours of venue time (1 hour getting ready; 3 hours ceremony and reception). Time may be added or subtracted on a Friday or Sunday.
Purchase of 1812 Hitching Post catering is available but NOT required for weekday events
- Platinum Catering Package: Your choice of any five appetizers, any three entrees, any four sides, and wedding cake. Also includes your choice of white or mismatched china and linen napkins. Willow cottage for dressing included (or may be traded for lawn games)
- Gold Catering Package: Your choice of any three appetizers, any two entrees, and any four sides. Willow cottage for dressing included (or may be traded for lawn games)
- Silver Catering Package: Your choice of any entree and any four sides.
- BBQ Catering Special- Appetizer – salad bar; Entrees: Our famous pulled pork shoulder AND BBQ chicken; sides – potato salad, slaw, baked beans, mac and cheese, and rolls with butter. 40 person minimum.
- Same but with just BBQ chicken.
- Taco bar – Seasoned taco beef, pulled chicken, refried beans, queso sauce, hard and soft taco shells, and toppings (lettuce, sour cream, tomatoes, cheese).
- Just Apps – choice of any 4 appetizers
Add on Sparklers
Wedding cake: Multi-tier round wedding cake – $5 per person in your choice of design and flavors. Top layer for couple to keep is included as is cake cutting and serving, plates, forks, and napkins. 15 person minimum.
Single layer cake to cut or “mini” cake (8″ cake feeds 10) – $25 – you choose flavor; choice of several designs
Cupcakes – 4 of any one flavor – $12. Per dozen of any one flavor – $30.
White or mismatched china – $1 per plate
Linen napkins: cream or white – .50 each. Any other color – .75 each
Chair covers with your choice of sash color – $4 per chair
Remote location: For ceremony set-up in a remote location (north side of driveway, lake, south field) there is an additional $100 charge due to the extra set-up time needed for chairs, decor, and sound.
Bartender service for reception (includes bartender, liquor liability insurance, cups, ice, etc.)- $300 for entire reception. Note: Couple provides all alcohol. Leftover alcohol returned to couple at end of event. With our bartender service, you may bring cans or bottles of beer and wine and have up to two signature container drinks. Kegs may also be provided, if desired.
Photography by Wendy Waldron – $300 for one hour; $800 for 3 hours.
Gallery of photos by Wendy: http://1812hitchingpost.com/photography/
All photos given to couple with high resolution download.
Photo booth – set up for selfies or your Poloroid – $60. Hitching Post photographer run photo booth – $200 for entire reception – you receive full quality photos
Outdoor games – Corn hole, giant Jenga, giant Connect 4; Ring toss, Ladder Golf; KanJam; and bocce ball available for rent – $30 per game or $100 for choice of 4. Set-up included. You are also welcome to bring and set-up your own games.
Willow Cottage – (extra space for wedding party dressing for larger wedding parties):
Entire time contracted on wedding day – $100.
Overnight rate for the Willow cottage for up to 4 people 3 p.m. to 11 am. – $140.
Two nights – $240. Note: Couples/families staying overnight at the Willow Cottage may pre-arrange meals to be served for dinner or breakfast. This is a popular choice if girls would like hair and make-up to be done on site the day of the wedding.
On-site rehearsal dinners available starting at $200 for venue time plus catering. “Getting ready” time can be converted to rehearsal dinner time.
For specific date pricing, please fill in our “plan and price” form.