For complete pricing, please fill in our “plan and price” form.
View photos of weddings at different times of the year
Thank you for considering the 1812 Hitching Post for your wedding. You will be so thrilled with all we can do for you to make your wedding day be the most it can be! One of the best things you get with ALL packages is our almost 20 years of experience. We set up EVERYTHING for you so you and your family do not have to work on your wedding day.
The all-inclusive wedding package is available any day from April 1st through mid-November. This package is designed for couples who want their ceremony and reception all in one place for up to 200 people. This package can be booked as is or can be a place to start; we can change the package and adjust the price. You may add and subtract from this package.
With our all-inclusive package, all of the following are included:
- Two separate dressing areas for wedding party dressing; each with bathroom
- Services of minister with vows customized (also ok to bring your own minister)
- Decorated ceremony location – we will decorate our ceremony location with your choice of our available reusable decorations for arbor and aisle (or may provide your own decorations, including live flowers, if you wish)
- Buckets, baskets, signs, etc. as requested from our available stock to decorate for ceremony and reception
- Ceremony Seating for your guests with white fan-back chairs (we set up and break down)
- Any needed ceremony tables (guest book table, unity/sand/etc. easel/stand, etc. We set up and break down)
- Customized sound service for ceremony; DJ will provide music via speakers and will provide microphone for couple and minister.
- Ceremony direction – based on your plan, we will direct your wedding party down the aisle and will practice that with you at your rehearsal, if desired
- Full access to all public rooms of the main house and to all outdoor areas (26 acres) for you and your guests
- Wisteria room and adjoining patio reception area
- Round dining tables and farmhouse tables (weather permitting) with your choice of tablecloths and/or overlay/runners
- Sweetheart table for the two of you, if desired
- Reception seating for you and your guests with white fan-back chairs
- Centerpieces created from reusable items we own, if desired (may be in conjunction with your provided items and/or live flowers).
- Table bus service for catering
- Non-alcoholic attended beverages (tea, lemonade, water, and coffee). Ice and cups provided (may add on bartender service)
- Professional DJ/sound system for reception music and announcements
- Venue coordination for your events
- We will help you set out your bride provided items when you arrive
(party favors, programs, guest book, etc.) and will help you gather your belongings at the end of the event.
You may add on your wedding cake through us or bring your own cake and/or desserts. You may also choose one of our catering packages or you may order catering “a la carte.” We want you to have what you envision for your wedding day!
We most often serve buffet style, but we also offer family style, plated meals, and stations. You may also bring your own caterers with serving staff, if you wish.
We also offer S’mores around the fire pit, outdoor games (Giant Jenga, Connect 4, Ring Toss, Ladder Toss, and Corn hole boards which can be personalized!), 36″ sparklers, photography, photo booth, overnight accommodations at our Willow cottage, on-site rehearsal dinners, and bartender service! Choose some or everything; email for complete menu of services.
One of the former owners of this farm estate, NC Senator Columbus Vance Henkel, Jr., was responsible for passing the “brown-bagging” law in NC in 1967. This allowed individuals to provide alcohol for private events. He owned several hotels including the Green Park Inn in Blowing Rock, North Carolina, and the Vance in Statesville, NC. In honor of C. V. Henkel, we allow you to bring your own alcohol to events at the 1812 Hitching Post. We will provide bartender service for your beer, wine, and up liquor containers drinks. We include liquor liability insurance as well as cups, ice, and bartenders. You may bring bottles, cans, or kegs.
For specific date pricing, please fill in our “plan and price” form.