For complete pricing, please fill in our “plan and price” form.
View photos of weddings at different times of the year
Thank you for considering the 1812 Hitching Post for your wedding. You will be so thrilled with all we can do for you to make your wedding day be the most it can be! One of the best things you get with ALL packages is our almost 20 years of experience. We set up EVERYTHING for you so you and your family do not have to work on your wedding day.
The all-inclusive wedding package is available any day from April 1st through mid-November. This package is designed for couples who want their ceremony and reception all in one place for up to 200 people. This package can be booked as is or can be a place to start; we can change the package and adjust the price. You may add and subtract from this package.
With our all-inclusive package, all of the following are included:
- Two separate dressing areas for wedding party dressing; each with bathroom
- Services of minister with vows customized (also ok to bring your own minister)
- Decorated ceremony location – we will decorate our ceremony location with your choice of our available reusable decorations for arbor and aisle (or may provide your own decorations, including live flowers, if you wish)
- Buckets, baskets, signs, etc. as requested from our available stock to decorate for ceremony and reception
- Ceremony Seating for your guests with white fan-back chairs (we set up and break down)
- Any needed ceremony tables (guest book table, unity/sand/etc. easel/stand, etc. We set up and break down)
- Customized sound service for ceremony; DJ will provide music via speakers and will provide microphone for couple and minister.
- Ceremony direction – based on your plan, we will direct your wedding party down the aisle and will practice that with you at your rehearsal, if desired
- Full access to all public rooms of the main house and to all outdoor areas (26 acres) for you and your guests
- Wisteria room and adjoining patio reception area
- Round dining tables and farmhouse tables (weather permitting) with your choice of tablecloths and/or overlay/runners
- Sweetheart table for the two of you, if desired
- Reception seating for you and your guests with white fan-back chairs
- Centerpieces created from reusable items we own, if desired (may be in conjunction with your provided items and/or live flowers).
- Table bus service for catering
- White china or mismatched china dinnner plates, metal flatware, and paper napkins for buffet service (may upgrade to linen napkins)
- Non-alcoholic attended beverages (tea, lemonade, water, and coffee). Ice and cups provided (may add on bartender service)
- Professional DJ/sound system for reception music and announcements
- Venue coordination for your events
- We will help you set out your bride provided items when you arrive
(party favors, programs, guest book, etc.) and will help you gather your belongings at the end of the event. Outside vendors are responsible for set up of any vendor provided items (typically live flowers or rented decor).
Saturday base rate includes 8 hours of venue time (1 hour rehearsal typically on Friday evening; 2 1/2 hours to get ready and 4 1/2 hours for ceremony/reception).
Saturday events are subject to venue $5000 minimum (catering, photography, extra guests count toward minimum) unless event will be in 4 months or less from date booked.
Friday or Sunday base rate includes 5 hours of venue time (2 hours for rehearsal/getting ready; 3 hours for ceremony/reception). Time may be added or subtracted on a Friday or Sunday.
Purchase of 1812 Hitching Post catering is available but NOT required for Friday or Sunday events
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday: base rate includes 4 hours of venue time (1 hour getting ready; 3 hours ceremony and reception). Time may be added or subtracted on a Friday or Sunday.
Purchase of 1812 Hitching Post catering is available but NOT required for weekday events
- Gold Catering Package: Your choice of any three appetizers, any two entrees, and any four sides.
- Silver Catering Package: Your choice of any entree and any four sides.
- BBQ Catering Special- Appetizer – salad bar; Entrees: Our famous pulled pork shoulder AND BBQ chicken; sides – potato salad, slaw, baked beans, mac and cheese, and rolls with butter. 40 person minimum.
- Same but with just BBQ chicken.
- Taco bar – Seasoned taco beef, pulled chicken, refried beans, queso sauce, hard and soft taco shells, and toppings (lettuce, sour cream, tomatoes, cheese).
- Just Apps – choice of any 4 appetizers
Add on catering a la carte available.
S’mores – $1.50 per person includes firepit set up with fire (our employees will light it and keep it going throughout your reception)
Add on Sparklers “36” – $1.25 each
Outdoor games – Corn hole, giant Jenga, giant Connect 4; Ring toss, Ladder Toss; KanJam; and bocce ball available for rent – $30 per game or $100 for 4. Set-up included.
You are also welcome to bring and set-up your own games
(venue rules may apply)
Wedding cake: Multi-tier round wedding cake – $5 per person in your choice of design and flavors. Top layer for couple to keep is included as is cake cutting and serving, plates, forks, and napkins. 15 person minimum.
Single layer cake to cut or “mini” cake (8″ cake feeds 10) – $25 – you choose flavor; choice of several designs
Cupcakes – 4 of any one flavor – $10. Per dozen of any one flavor – $25.
Linen napkins: cream or white – .50 each. Any other color – $1 each
Chair covers with your choice of sash color – $4 per chair (installed)
Remote location: For ceremony set-up in a remote location (north side of driveway, lake, south field) there is an additional $100 charge due to the extra set-up time needed for chairs, decor, and sound.
Bartender service for reception (includes bartender, liquor liability insurance, cups, ice, etc.)- $300 for entire reception.
Note: Couple provides all alcohol. Leftover alcohol returned to couple at end of event. With our bartender service, you may bring cans or bottles of beer and wine and have up to two signature container drinks. Kegs may also be provided, if desired; ask about venue rules regarding kegs before booking.
Photo booth – set up for selfies or your Poloroid – $60. Hitching Post photographer run photo booth – $200 for entire reception – you receive full quality photos
Willow Cottage – may be booked via Air BnB
On-site rehearsal dinners available
For specific date pricing, please fill in our “plan and price” form.