When the weather outside is frightful, getting married inside is delightful! We have a lovely fireplace in the Wisteria room where you can be married. Our Wisteria room can hold up to 40 people for a winter inside ceremony. If the weather is nice enough, you can opt for an outside ceremony and still have dancing and dining inside.
Winter weddings can be so romantic and intimate! It’s a great way to have a lot of wedding value for the money! We also offer our elopement packages in the wintertime.
This “Winter Wonderful” wedding package is available on any day mid- November through mid-March and may be booked up to one year in advance of the expected wedding date.
Winter Wedding Package
All of this is included in our Winter Wedding package:
- Two separate dressing areas in the main house for wedding party dressing
- Services of minister with customized vows
- Decorated ceremony location – we will decorate the Wisteria room with your choice of our available decorations for your ceremony backdrop. Inside, this could be a decorated mantle or another backdrop set up in the Wisteria room. You may opt for an outdoor ceremony on the patio area if weather permits.
- Ceremony Seating for your guests with white fan-back chairs (we set up and break down)
- Any needed ceremony tables (guest book table, unity/sand/etc. easel/stand, etc. We set up and break down)
- Customized music/sound for your ceremony and with professional sound delivery
- Full access to all public rooms of the main house and to all outdoor areas (26 acres) for you and your guests
- Existing seating and tables for cocktail style reception (existing tables will have tablecloths to coordinate with your colors)
- Non-alcoholic attended beverages (tea, lemonade, water, and coffee). Ice and cups provided.
- Bartender service for your provided beer and wine
- DJ/sound system for reception music and announcements
- We will help you set out your bride provided items when you arrive (centerpieces, party favors, programs, guest book, etc.) and will help you gather your belongings at the end of the event.
- Venue coordination prior to wedding day
- You may bring your own cake or purchase cake and/or catering through the 1812 Hitching Post
Included are 4 1/2 hours of venue time (2 hours for rehearsal and getting ready; 2 and 1/2 hours for your ceremony and reception).
Price: $1295 for the first 10 people including the two of you. No charge for your own minor children who also attend. Up to 30 additional guests may be added to this package for $20 per person.
See our “Resources” page for information about decorations, florists, marriage license, overnight accommodations, and more.
All prices for food provided by the 1812 Hitching Post include set up, clean up, and any needed plates/forks/napkins needed for food service. Cake prices also include cutting/serving and display.
Add-ons available for any packages:
- “Mini” wedding cake – feeds up to 8 people. Vanilla or chocolate cake with buttercream icing. Standard design. $25
- Cupcakes – $30 per dozen in your choice of cake and icing flavor.
- Two-tier wedding cake – custom design; feeds up to 30 people with top layer for you to keep for your first anniversary. Any butter cream design; any flavors that we offer. – $100.
- Add photography – $350 first hour; $150 each additional 1/2 hour.
- Chair covers with sashes in your choice of color- $4 per chair.
- Time: Add time: $100 per 1/2 hour on a weekday; $150 per 1/2 hour on a Sunday; or $200 per 1/2 hour on a Saturday.
Add-on appetizers available for smaller events (see our full menu if planning for 20 guests or more):
Sliced cheese with crackers – $30 (feeds about 15)
Fruit kebabs – $4 each (12 minimum)
Bowl of strawberries – $20
Bruschetta – 15 for $40
Crostini with pimiento cheese and bacon – 15 for $40
Individual brie bites with raspberry and almond – $3 each
Fig and mascarpone puffs – $3 each
Ham and Swiss sliders – 12 for $40
BBQ pork sliders – 12 for $40
BBQ chicken sliders – 12 for $40
Shrimp “shooters” with 2 jumbo tails and cocktail sauce – $3 each
Spinach dip in a bread bowl with tortilla chips – $45 (feels about 20)
Tomato or chicken noodle soup shooters with grilled cheese triangle – $3.50 each (minimum of 8)
Chicken salad cups – 20 for $50
Deli pinwheels or veggie pinwheels – 20 for $40
Veggie tray with dip – $40 (feeds about 12)
Mini fruit tarts – 20 for $45
Mini Croissant sandwiches (chicken salad, egg salad, ham salad, tuna salad) – Your choice or mixture – 15 for $45
Click on the sample wedding gallery, below: