When the weather outside is frightful, getting married inside is delightful! We have a lovely fireplace in the Wisteria room where you can be married. Our Wisteria room can hold up to 40 people for a winter inside ceremony. If the weather is nice enough, you can opt for an outside ceremony and still have dancing and dining inside.
Winter weddings can be so romantic and intimate! It’s a great way to have a lot of wedding value for the money! We also offer our elopement packages in the wintertime.
This “Winter Wonderful” wedding package is available on any day mid- November through mid-March and may be booked up to one year in advance of the expected wedding date.
All of this is included in our specially priced Winter Wedding package (December – March):
- Two separate dressing areas in the main house for wedding party dressing
- Services of minister with customized vows
- Decorated ceremony location – we will decorate the Wisteria room with your choice of our available decorations for your ceremony backdrop. Inside, this could be a decorated mantle or another backdrop set up in the Wisteria room.
- Ceremony Seating for your guests with white fan-back chairs (we set up and break down)
- Any needed ceremony tables (guest book table, unity/sand/etc. easel/stand, etc. We set up and break down)
- Customized music/sound for your ceremony and with professional sound delivery
- Full access to all public rooms of the main house and to all outdoor areas (26 acres) for you and your guests
- Existing seating and tables for cocktail style reception (existing tables will have tablecloths to coordinate with your colors)
- Non-alcoholic attended beverages (tea, lemonade, water, and coffee). Ice and cups provided.
- DJ/sound system for reception music and announcements
- We will help you set out your bride provided items when you arrive (centerpieces, party favors, programs, guest book, etc.) and will help you gather your belongings at the end of the event.
- Venue coordination prior to wedding day
- You may bring your own cake or purchase cake and/or catering through the 1812 Hitching Post
Included are 4 hours of venue time (1 hours for rehearsal and getting ready; 3 hours for your ceremony and reception).
Price: $1295 for up to 40 people.
Any of the 1812 Hitching Post catering options may be added on to this package. Photography may be added on as well as time.
See our “Resources” page for information about decorations, florists, marriage license, overnight accommodations, and more.
Click on the sample wedding gallery, below: