An elopement or a small wedding at the 1812 Hitching Post can be for just the two of you or you may want to include guests. If you are looking for simple and romantic, look no further!
Professional photography by Wendy Waldron is included in many of our packages.
If one of these isn’t exactly what you want, let us know and we can design a package just for you!
An hour and 1/2 of venue time is included for this sweet elopement package with minister, house decorated arbor, and 30 minutes of professionally edited photography included.
Many couples arrive dressed; others bring wedding attire and change on the property. We will plan your ceremony as soon as you are ready after arrival. You may choose to be married at the decorated arbor under the oaks or anywhere else on the property. Wintertime or inclement weather ceremonies can be held indoors. Custom decor is available as an upgrade.
We will provide our minister and we can customize your vows as you’d like them. We’ll provide your witnesses, if needed. We will play your choice of song for your walk down the aisle. Our photographer will take photos of you walking down the aisle and will continue photos through the ceremony. Posed photos after the ceremony of the two of you and your guests, if any, are also included. You can bring cute signs or props and you can add-on cake, time, and more music if you want! Your wedding photos will be professionally edited and will be uploaded for full resolution download.
- Weekdays and Sundays: $795 for first 6 people including couple. People may be added for $10 per person (maximum of 20 guests). May be booked up to 12 months in advance.
- Saturdays: $995 for first 12 people including couple. People may be added for $10 per person (maximum of 20 guests).
For the Traditional Elopement, Saturdays in-season may be booked up to 3 months in advance of intended wedding date. Saturdays off-season may be booked up to 12 months in advance. Exceptions may apply; feel free to contact us about any date.
Designed for couples who want a “simple” ceremony and also a reception with table seating. If you are on a tight budget and want more of a “do it yourself” wedding with beautiful backdrop, this package might be for you! You can bring your own cake and/or photography or order through us.
- 5 hours of venue time (2 hours for decorating/getting ready; 3 hours for ceremony and reception)
- Two separate dressing areas in the main house for couple and any wedding party
- Services of minister (or you may bring your own minister) with vows customized as you’d like
- Decorated ceremony location – we will decorate our side lawn ceremony location with your choice of our available decorations for arbor and aisle (or may provide and decorate with your own decorations, including live flowers, if you wish).
- Ceremony Seating for your guests with white fan-back chairs (we set up and break down)
- Reception area with dining tables. Choice of tablecloth colors for round tables or farmhouse tables or a mix of both.
- Reception chairs
- Sound system/music delivery for your wedding music (you provide playlist or device with your music)
- Self-serve non-alcoholic beverages (tea, water, lemonade, and coffee) provided with ice and cups.
Weekdays and Sundays: $1845 for first 10 people including couple. People may be added for $20 per person.
Saturdays: $2495 for first 20 people including couple. People may be added for $20 per person
Saturday dates in-season may be subject to venue minimum purchase. (may add time, guests, bartender service, catering, photography, etc. to qualify for minimum).
If your Saturday date is available and it is in the next three months, no venue minimums will apply.
The Deluxe Elopement
With this package, you choose the decorations you’d like, the music you’d like, and the flavor and style of your cake. Everything is customized just for you. An hour of professional photography is also included with all photos professionally edited.
You and your guests may arrive up to an hour before your ceremony. Most couples dress on the property. You’ll have two separate dressing room areas; each with its own bathroom. Your guests and wedding party, if any, are also welcome to use the dressing rooms.
We will custom decorate our arbor in your choice of any of our reusable flowers, greenery, and/or other decor. We provide seating for your guests and custom music is provided for your ceremony (you choose the music). If you bring a guestbook or ceremony decor, we’ll set things up for you. We will plan these things together prior to your wedding.
Our minister with vows customized as you’d like them are provided as well as witnesses for your ceremony. You may also bring your own witnesses.
Our photographer will start photos before the wedding ceremony starts to include photos of each of you getting ready and the details of the wedding as well as photos throughout the ceremony, cake cutting, posed photos of you and your families, and dancing (if you have a first dance and/or other dances such as father/daughter dance). We also walk around the property and take advantage of the gorgeous backdrop to capture memories of the two of you while your guests enjoy their cake, beverages, and music.
The Deluxe elopement package includes a custom designed wedding cake in your choice of flavor. We cut and serve the cake to your guests after taking photos of the two of you taking your first bite together. The top layer of your cake will be boxed for you to keep for your first anniversary. Non-alcoholic beverages are provided. You may bring champagne or wine for toasting, if you wish.
Included with this package:
- 3 hours of time for you to get ready, have your ceremony, and have your mini reception.
- Separate dressing areas for couple to dress prior to ceremony
- Services of interdenominational minister with vows customized with you (also ok to bring your own minister)
- Professional sound system for your ceremony music and the time following. We will coordinate your music choices with you via our wedding planning checklist so you have the music you want. Many couples include a “first dance” together and sometimes other dances such as a father/daughter dance.
- We will decorate your ceremony location with your choice of our available decorations for arbor and aisle (or may provide your own decorations, including live flowers, if you wish). Inclement weather ceremonies are held indoors or under the tent.
- Ceremony seating for your guests is included
- 90 minutes of professional photography starting ½ hour before the ceremony with getting ready photos, photos of the ceremony, posed photos afterwards, photos of your cake cutting and any dancing. Your wedding photos will be professionally edited and you’ll receive your edited photos as a digital download within a month of your event.
- Two-tier custom decorated wedding cake in your choice of flavor. Top layer will be boxed for you to take with you to save for your first anniversary.
- Non-alcoholic beverages (tea, water, lemonade) for you and your guests. You are welcome to bring champagne, beer, or wine for toasting.
Weekdays and Sundays: $1595 for first 12 people including couple. People may be added for $25 per person (maximum of 20 guests). May be booked up to 12 months in advance.
Saturdays: $1695 for first people including couple. People may be added for $25 per person (maximum of 20 guests).
For the Deluxe Elopement, Saturdays in-season may be booked up to 3 months in advance of intended wedding date. Saturdays off-season may be booked up to 12 months in advance. Exceptions may apply; feel free to contact us about any date.
Appetizers available for Deluxe Elopements – ($100 per selection; serves about 15)
Veggie tray with dip – tomatoes, carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, cucumbers and dip
Fruit, cheese, and crackers – berries and grapes with sliced cheese and crackers
Mini Carolina crab bites
Shrimp shooters – Carolina cooked and chilled tail-on shrimp in shot glass with seafood sauce
Spinach dip in a bread bowl with Tostitos (Salsa on the side)
Bruschetta – garlic rounds with bruschetta and grated parmesan
Veggie or Deli pinwheels (deli version has deli meats and sliced cheese; veggie version has vegan crumbles, red pepper hummus, and veggies.
Spanakopita – spinach and cheese filled filo
Chicken salad cups – everyone loves chicken salad!
Pimento cheese topped crostini with bacon
Bacon wrapped chicken simmered in brown sugar sauce
Bacon wrapped smokies in simmered in brown sugar sauce
Tomato soup shooters with grilled cheese triangles
Chicken noodle soup shooters with grilled cheese triangles
Assorted appetizers: chef’s choice of 3 different selections of bite sized yummies
Overnight accommodations available. Please ask for more information.
Plated and buffet meals are also available in conjunction with a reception.
Our “Simply Sweet” Wedding package is designed for the couple on a budget to maximize your wedding dollar. We include your ceremony and reception decorations, tables with linens, and set-up/break-down of wedding decor including centerpieces. We also include sound for your ceremony and reception, catering of a full meal or appetizers as well as wedding direction and photography! This is ideal for those with a smaller wedding party or those who want a “simple” wedding.
26 acres of beautiful manicured lawns, fields, lake, and trails available to you and your guests on your wedding day. 15 room main house open for you and your guests to use throughout your wedding (includes dressing rooms, 4 bathrooms, and several gathering areas).
Attended sound system to play your chosen ceremony and reception music. Speakers included for both ceremony and reception.
We will help you plan and execute your ceremony and reception events and music.
You may choose what you want from our existing inventory of arbors, silk greenery, and/or flowers and fabric draping. Shepherd’s hooks, petals, and lanterns, vases, jars, etc. for the aisle as well as guest book tables, easels, and anything else needed will be set up for you as you request. We also have flower girl baskets, ring bearer pillows, signs, card cage, gift table, and cake stands to use. We have boxes, baskets, crates, and barrels, too! You may provide your own live or silk flowers if you prefer. You may also provide your own backdrop or arbor, if desired. We provide and set up tablecloths and runners as you direct from our available inventory of dozens of colors.
Tables/chairs: We provide and set up chairs for the ceremony and tables and chairs for the reception. Tablecloths in your choice of colors are included.
Centerpieces – You may choose from centerpiece items we own and we will set them up the day of your wedding. If you want to provide your own centerpieces or centerpiece items, we will help set those up or out for you.
Catering: Your choice of any one entree and any four sides OR any 4 appetizers. Food will be labeled; food service tables will have linens to coordinate with your event choices
Wedding cake: Two-tier wedding cake in your choice of flavor and design (three-tier if more than 32 guests).
Non-alcoholic beverages (tea, water, lemonade, and coffee) Cups, ice, etc. provided
Bartender Service You may bring up to 3 flavors of beer and wine (6 total) for us to serve to you and your guests at your reception.
Photography by Wendy Waldron – Hi-lights photography by Wendy Waldron Photography including wedding ceremony, formal photos, and all reception events; all photos will be professionally edited and given to you as download about a month after the wedding (2 hours total shoot time)
5 hours of venue time included:
1 1/2 hours before ceremony for getting ready/rehearsal
3 1/2 hours ceremony and reception
Weekdays and Sundays: $3295 for first 10 people including couple. People may be added for $45 per person.
Saturdays: $4495 for first 20 people including couple. People may be added for $45 per person
Not included with this package: Live florals or personal bouquets, overnight accommodations (can be added on), wedding rings, clothing, cake topper, or invitations.
You may book this package without photography if you have your own photographer
Couples typically bring anything they want us to set out for their wedding such party favors, programs, and guest book and we help you gather your belongings at the end of the event to make taking home things easy for you and your families.
Outside vendors, including family members who bring things, are responsible for set up of any vendor (or family) provided items (typically live flowers, personally built arbors, cake, or rented decor). We will help as much as we can.
Couple is responsible for pre-assembly of any items brought to wedding that need assembly (such as ribbons tied on seating cards) and any live flower cutting and/or arranging of fresh flowers they bring. We will help as much as we can.